GreeterFamily Ministry First Impressions
Welcome families and check kids in. You win when kids feel welcomed and cared for as soon as they walk through the doors so they’ll be more likely to connect with others in a small group.
As a greeter, we need you to welcome kids at the door with a big smile, be on the lookout for new families who need help finding their way around, and ensure every child as a printed name tag and parent has a corresponding security tag.
- Make sure every kid signs in or registers at the sign-in station.
- Look for, and engage, kids who may be new, lost, or alone.
- Give visitors and first-time guests the VIP treatment.
- Say goodbye to kids or families as they leave.
- Be familiar with the check-in software and process.
- Give your all.
- Show up on time.
- Wear your Family Ministry Volunteer T-Shirt.
- Treat every kid like they’re the most important guest of the day.
- Attend the appropriate training events and meetings whenever possible.
- Attend worship service.
- You love God.
- You care about kids and families.
- You’re committed to creating a first impression that is welcoming and friendly for kids and their families—especially visitors and first-time guests.
- You completed and passed the application, background check, and interview process.
- Rotation: Commit to a regular schedule.
- Hours: Sundays, 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. OR 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Prep: None
- Duration: One year commitment with a six month check-in